October 30, 2015

Page 293: Catching Up

Two Wednesdays ago, I took my first midterm of the year. I also donated blood for the first time about ten to fifteen minutes beforehand. When I got home, I felt like I would die. I didn't, but I slept a lot until I felt fine again. It took about a week before I was completely fine again, but I am still really proud that I donated. Almost 20 years ago, I was hospitalized and given blood transfusions that surely saved my life, besides the birth control pills, so donating blood has always been important to me.

My midterms are officially done and I did well on my Global Studies 101 exam, which means that I actually got a C+. My teacher gave us a 6 point boost, so my official grade is a B. I don't know what the grade on my Peace Studies midterm is, but I feel a little iffy about it. The short answer questions really threw me off (and I didn't really review until right before the test). Now, I'm slowly guiding into that lull of class that most students are in as we enter the final weeks of class. I am still ridiculously glad that I decided to take classes this semester because I feel more and more at home as time passes. I don't know what I'm going to do once this semester is over.

Yesterday, I realized that I have shopping fatigue again. It has become too tedious and exhausting to shop for myself, but I do enjoy shopping for other people. I had shopping fatigue a little over two years ago and the only thing that fixed it was getting job so I was too tired to do anything else but appreciate shopping again. Coming off a year where I spent a lot of money to get past grieving, feeling this fatigue is nice for me and maybe my bank accounts. It's a sign of normalcy that has returned to my life since the insanity of what happened.

Normalcy hasn't been something that I've been consciously striving for. I don't know when I stopped working towards it, but I have and it's been nice. I like thinking about my future and wrapping it around school and my family. It's a bit refreshing to think about what I am going to minor in (which will be history and American Sign Language) and what I'm going to do for Thanksgiving. It's nice to even think about going on trips because one of my favorite vloggers has motivated me to travel. It's nice to be just a 30 year old woman and that's it. I miss Tym all the time, even more so yesterday during a difficult time getting to Target, but I also realized that he took care of me a lot.

While I am fairly independent, I am smart enough to know that I've been coddled and guarded the majority of my life. I enjoy it, but I think I enjoy my independence and diving into the unknown a little more. I've established a new kind of comfort zone and I know not to push myself beyond it too much.

I have a lot more that I want to talk about because the last couple of weeks have been pretty good, but I'll end this post here. I'm doing really well and feeling optimistic. That's the point.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your thoughts, musings, wishes and ideas behind...

Copyright

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.

The majority of the photos and all of the thoughts on this blog comes from yours truly, so be nice and ask if something interests you. Okay? Okay.